Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)
Medical Plan Updates: 4/20/2020
Kaiser Permanente (Kaiser)
- Futuro Health, a California-based nonprofit established by Kaiser Permanente, has expanded its education offerings to prepare front-line health care workers for an expected surge in COVID-19 cases.
- Beginning April 6, 2020, a Pandemic Readiness Training online course is being offered to Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVNs) and Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) throughout the State of California, with all fees and tuition expenses waived. The course is self-paced and will take approximately six hours to complete.
- It is designed to prepare LVNs and LPNs for potential temporary expansions in their scope of work. The course is divided into five chapters and covers topics including: control techniques, ventilator patient care, disease progression, and improving personal resiliency.
- Kaiser has established an online resource center to provide members shared resources and tips to stay healthy while working from home. Additional information can be found using the following link:
- Members can find local COVID-19 testing facilities using the following link:
- Testing locations are updated daily and are based on the most current information available.
- Some testing locations may not be within the member’s network; however, if testing is required, UHC will cover the cost of the test at any location.
- UHC has issued a 90-day extension of all open and approved prior authorizations with end dates or dates of service between March 24, 2020 and May 31, 2020.
- Members admitted to a facility for COVID-19 treatment on May 31, 2020, or who have not been discharged by the end of day on May 31, 2020, will have continuous coverage until the date of discharge.
- Through September 30, 2020, Cigna will expand the number of Employee Assistance Program (EAP) sessions offered to its members. Members with access to EAP are able to meet with licensed clinicians within Cigna’s network via phone, tablet, or computer.
- Cigna, in connection with New Express Scripts, published a report citing the correlation between the increase in the usage of mental health medications to the spread of COVID -19. Additional information can be found using the following link:
Anthem Blue Cross
- No updates to report
- Manage Stress and Anxiety
- Stress Management
- Covid-19 Resources
- My Strength Flyer
- Member Education Flyer
- Sydney Care Flyer
- Kaiser Permanente
The Department of Human Resources (DHR) works closely with the County-sponsored medical plans available to our employees, and receives regular updates concerning the COVID-19 crisis. Watch this page for weekly news, as well as any urgent updates on how to get treatment and new recommendations concerning social distancing, self-quarantine, and more.