Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)
Medical Plan Updates: 8/17/2020
Kaiser Permanente (Kaiser)
- Beginning August 25, 2020, Kaiser is offering a COVID-19 webinar series focused on the latest clinical news, returning to school safely, and answering frequently asked questions. Upcoming sessions are scheduled for August 25, September 17, October 1, and October 28.
- Previous webinars on emotional well-being and mental health can be found on demand at:
- Kaiser created COVID-19 Return to Work and Return to School playbooks on planning for, and adjusting to, the next normal.
- Members with ongoing health concerns such as diabetes, asthma, heart conditions, or high blood pressure, are being offered resources to help keep them safe.
- Members can access these resources at: http://www.kp.org/coronavirus.
- Pursuant to the Final Rule, which mandates plans to disregard the “Outbreak Period” for specific purposes, the timelines for members electing COBRA coverage have been revised as follows:
- The timeframe for members to elect COBRA coverage has been extended to at least 60 days after the end of the Outbreak Period
- The timeframe for members to make premium payments has been extended to 30 days after the end of the Outbreak Period; however, if members choose not to make payments, claims will be denied until premium payments are made
Anthem Blue Cross
- Members were provided tips for managing the risk of COVID-19 when in group settings, public gatherings, or when running errands. Tips included:
- Limiting exposure by keeping a safe distance
- Practicing good hygiene by continuously washing your hands and using hand sanitizer
- Using a face covering or mask to cover your nose and mouth in public
- Continuing to follow the set state and local guidelines
- Changing the way you greet others by exchanging handshakes and hugs for waving and verbal greetings
- No updates provided.
- Sydney Care
- Anthem EAP Resources
- Testing Flyer
- FFCRA Packet
- Healthy Lifestyle Programs
- Employee Program
- How to get the care you need
- Return to Worksite
- CIGNA Special Coverage
- FAQs on Leave of Absence
- Mask Etiquette
- Mental Health Toolkit
- Social Health Resources
- United Healthcare FAQs
- COVID-19 Study
- Weekly Summary (5/8/2020)
- Member Updates
- Work at Home Tips
- Webinars for COLA
- Manage Stress and Anxiety
- Stress Management
- Covid-19 Resources
- My Strength Flyer
- Member Education Flyer
- Sydney Care Flyer
- Kaiser Permanente
The Department of Human Resources (DHR) works closely with the County-sponsored medical plans available to our employees, and receives regular updates concerning the COVID-19 crisis. Watch this page for weekly news, as well as any urgent updates on how to get treatment and new recommendations concerning social distancing, self-quarantine, and more.