Awards & Recognition
The Mobile Learning Platform
for Women's Veterans Program with Military & Veterans Affairs, 1st District, Public Library, Mental Health, and DPSS
in the category of Personnel Management, Employee Training and Employee Benefits.
for support of men and women who serve in the National Guard and Reserve
Best Security Awareness Event
Achievement Award for Countywide Fitness Challenge
Absence Management System
Recognition of Executive Leadership Development Program
Outstanding IT Project Award for Online Testing
Los Angeles County STARS! Program
The acronym STARS! stands for Special Talents for Achieving Remarkable Service! This program provides the opportunity to recognize and celebrate exceptional achievements of County employees. Additionally, it promotes and rewards performance consistent with goals and values from the Countywide Strategic Plan: operational effectiveness, fiscal sustainability, and the importance of teamwork and collaboration.
Who is eligible for LA County STARS!?
All permanent employees performing competently or higher are eligible for nomination, with the exception of Department Heads and Chief Deputies, or a team or individual that has previously been recognized within the last 12 months. The Program allows for the nomination of teams, individuals, management and non-management employees. Teams are generally defined as task forces, committees, or groups consisting of 20 individuals or less.
How can departments submit nominations?
Nominations can be submitted using the following methods, and must include the department head’s signature or that of his/her designee:
US or COUNTY MAIL
Attention: LA COUNTY STARS!
Department of Human Resources
Talent Solutions Division
500 W. Temple Street, Suite 555
Los Angeles, CA 90012
PDF copies may be submitted which must include the department head or his/her designee’s signature.
What types of recognition will the LA County STARS! receive?
- A custom-designed lapel pin color coded to the particular strategy with the County Seal and colored stars corresponding to the Strategies as follows: Fiscal Sustainability (Black); Service Excellence and Organizational Effectiveness (Blue or White); and Workforce Excellence (Red).
- A letter of commendation in the awardee’s permanent personnel file from the Director of Personnel.
- A personalized, decorative scroll from the Board of Supervisors presented at a Board meeting.
- A framed photograph of the individual/team taken at the recognition ceremony.
- An article in the County DIGEST.
- A prominent display of the photographs in the Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration, on the third floor wall adjacent to the Office of Public Affairs and on electronic monitors before and/or after the televised Board of Supervisors meetings.
- Display of winners on the County of Los Angeles Human Resources Awards & Recognition webpage.