How to file a claim

You may file your spending account claims in serval ways:

ONLINE | Log in to and select “Spending Accounts” in the “my resources” menu.  Click the “Submit Receipt or Claim” button in the right-side menu and then click on “Pay Me Back.”   Fill in your claim form online and upload your scanned claim documentation or send the documentation via fax (see below).

FAX | Fax your complete claim form and copies of your documentation (on letter-sized paper) to 877-353-9236.

EZ RECEIPTS APP | use your smartphone to download the WageWorks/HealthEquity EZ Receipts app to file claims anytime 24/7. The app registration process will require you to establish a User ID and password.   You can also use the EZ Receipts app to check your balance, file claims, take photos of your receipts, upload documents, and change your communication preferences.

Question about your account?
To check the balance of your Health Care or Dependent Care Spending Accounts you can log on to, and click on “Spending Accounts.”

Or, if you have any questions about claims administration of the spending accounts, call the Spending Account Plan Administrator (WageWorks/HealthEquity) toll-free at 877-924-3967.


Want to download forms?

Health Care Spending Accounts Now Allow $500 Carryover Each Year

IRS regulations allow participants to carry over up to $500 of their Health Care Spending Account (HCSA) balance each year. Previously, any unclaimed dollars would be lost or forfeited. This was known as the “Use It or Lose It” rule.

 How does this change affect your 2019 and/or 2020 HCSA?

  • Participating employees who did not use all of their 2019 HCSA money are allowed to carry over up to $500 for the 2020 Plan Year.
  • All carried over money can be used for eligible expenses incurred in 2020.
  • The carried over money does not affect your 2020 HCSA contribution.  The amount you designated for 2020 contributions will be available for use in 2020 along with any carried amount up to $500.
  • If you did not enroll in an HCSA for 2020 and you had any unused money at the end of 2019, up to $500 will be available for expenses incurred in 2020.
  • The deadline for submitting claims has not changed.  Participating employees still have until June 30, 2020 to submit claims for expenses incurred in 2019.
  • After June 30, 2020, any unclaimed 2019 HCSA money in excess of the $500 carryover limit will be forfeited to the County.
  • This change affects only the HCSA and does not apply to the Dependent Care Spending Account (DCSA).


Below are frequently asked questions regarding the carryover:

Q: May I use my 2019 carry over balance for 2020 expenses?

A: Yes. Your 2020 elected amount will be used first, but once it is used up, you can use up to $500 of your 2019 balance for 2020 expenses.

Q: May I still submit claims for the 2019 plan year until June 30, 2020?

A: Yes. The “run out period” deadline has not changed. You may gather your receipts and submit claims for 2019 expenses (it’s easiest to do it on until June 30, 2020.

Q:   I did not enroll in an HCSA for 2020, but I had money left over in my 2019 account. May I still submit claims for the 2019 plan year?

A:  Yes.  If you had dollars left over in 2019, you can submit claims for 2019 expenses through the end of the run out period (June 30, 2020).  After that, up to $500 will be available only for expenses incurred in the 2020 plan year.

Q: What happens if I have more than $500 in my 2019 account at the end of the run out period (June 30, 2020)?

A: You will lose the amount over $500.  It will be forfeited to the County. The remaining $500 remains available for expenses incurred in 2020.

Q:  Can I transfer my 2019 HCSA balance over to my 2020 Dependent Care Spending Account (DCSA)

A:  No.  The HCSA and DCSA are two separate accounts and you cannot transfer money between the two.