Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)
Medical Plan Updates: 7/20/2020
Kaiser Permanente (Kaiser)
- Kaiser has launched a COVID-19 hotline. For general questions, members can call (877) 813-7297, seven days a week, between 7:00a.m. and 7:00p.m.
- All Southern California Target Clinics have been reopened, with limited services available.
- COVID-19 testing at Kaiser is only available with a doctor’s referral.
- Currently, testing is being done on all members with COVID-19 symptoms, as well as members coming in for certain procedures
- Members were provided information on the differences between diagnostic and antibody COVID-19 testing.
- Pursuant to the Final Rule, which mandates plans to disregard the “Outbreak Period” for purposes of applying deadlines for filing appeals and timelines for requesting external reviews, UHC has begun to update their Evidence of Benefits and appeal letters for claims and decisions issued as of March 1, 2020, as well as advising members of the extensions now in place.
Anthem Blue Cross (Anthem)
- Anthem provided members information on the proper usage, and importance of, cloth face coverings and disposable gloves when in public.
- Anthem is encouraging members to visit https://www.anthem.com/ca/coronavirus/ for the latest information on COVID-19.
- Information includes:
- Finding a COVID-19 testing center or connecting with a provider via LiveHealth
- Navigating COVID-19 challenges via Psych Hub
- Connecting with emergency community services through Aunt Bertha
- Finding free caregiver resources through Archangels
- Creating personal support team via Ianacare
- Information includes:
No new updates provided
- Healthy Lifestyle Programs
- Employee Program
- How to get the care you need
- Return to Worksite
- CIGNA Special Coverage
- FAQs on Leave of Absence
- Mask Etiquette
- Mental Health Toolkit
- Social Health Resources
- United Healthcare FAQs
- COVID-19 Study
- Weekly Summary (5/8/2020)
- Member Updates
- Work at Home Tips
- Webinars for COLA
- Manage Stress and Anxiety
- Stress Management
- Covid-19 Resources
- My Strength Flyer
- Member Education Flyer
- Sydney Care Flyer
- Kaiser Permanente
The Department of Human Resources (DHR) works closely with the County-sponsored medical plans available to our employees, and receives regular updates concerning the COVID-19 crisis. Watch this page for weekly news, as well as any urgent updates on how to get treatment and new recommendations concerning social distancing, self-quarantine, and more.